Intern Section Study Day Meeting, Jan 2014
18/01/2014 in Royal College of Physicians of Ireland, 6, Kildare Street, Dublin 2
This being the third year of the RAMI Intern Section Study Day.
10.15am -11.00am Mr George Hook, Key Speaker
Winners of medals:
Best Oral Case Surgery
- Dr. Jayne Doherty – Epigastric pain…It’s not always alcohol!
Best Basic Res:
- Dr. Oliver McElvaney – The Effect Of PA401 On Interleukin-8 Levels In Airway Samples Of Patients With Cystic Fibrosis.
Best Oral Case Med:
- Dr. Stephanie Rutledge – Anti-NMDA receptor encephalitis is an antibody-mediated disease which was initially described in 2007 and is becoming increasingly recognised.
Best Oral Clin Res:
- Dr. Vanessa Collins – Descriptive Study of Cause of Death in Homeless Adults in Cork.
Best Poster Case Surg:
- Dr. Teresa Sweeney – Thyroid malignancy in Birt-Hogg-Dubé Syndrome: a case series and review of the literature.
Best Poster Clin. Res:
- Dr. Jennifer Scott – An Analysis of Lapses in Professionalism as Experienced by Interns in Clinical Practice.
Best Poster Case Med:
- Dr. Mary Ann Randles – Vital signs are Vital; A case of atypical presentation of Ischemic Heart Disease in General Practice.
Dr Ivan Casserly Consultant Cardiologist, Mater Misericordiae University Hospital
Dr Eugene Cassidy Consultant Liaison Psychiatrist, Cork University Hospital
Dr Joseph Eustace Consultant Nephrologist, Cork University Hospital
Dr Bairbre Golden Consultant Anaesthetist, Beacon Hospital, Dublin
Professor Michael Kerin Professor of Surgery, Galway University Hospital
Professor Eilis McGovern HSE National Programme Director for Medical Training
Dr Seamus McSuibhne Consultant Psychiatrist, St Luke’s General Hospital, Kilkenny
Mr Jurgen Mulsow Special Lecturer in Surgery, Mater Misericordiae University Hospital
Professor Patrick Murray Dean of Medicine and Head of UCD School of Medicine and Medical Science
Dr Nuala Murphy Consultant Paediatrician, Children’s University Hospital, Temple Street
Dr Ross Murphy Consultant Cardiologist, St James’s Hospital
Dr Dermot Power RAMI President, Section of Interns
Dr Denise Sadlier Consultant Nephrologist, Mater Misericordiae University Hospital
Professor Owen Smith Chair of Haematology, Trinity College Dublin
Professor Austin Stack Professor of Medicine, University of Limerick
Professor Cillian Twomey Professor of Geriatric Medicine, Cork University Hospital
Professor Alan Watson Professor of Nephrology, St Vincent’s University Hospital