Psychiatry Section HST & BST Competitions, Thursday 10th December 2020
10/12/2020 in Zoom
The Psychiatry Section of the Royal Academy of Medicine in Ireland (RAMI) and the Faculty of Academic Psychiatry of the College of Psychiatrists of Ireland present the HST & BST Competitions on Thursday 10th December 2020, which will be held via Zoom.
Please follow guidelines listed here:
- Submit in Word format only. No pdf’s. Use Times New Roman, size 12 font.
- As the BST and HST are two separate competitions please name your word document “BST_Last name” e.g. BST_ Smyth.doc or HST_Connolly.doc
- Abstracts must be in English.
- Please include on the abstract your current appointment & place of work (this information will be displayed on the programme).
- By submitting your abstract, you are confirming that all authors have approved the submission.
- Abstracts on research should clearly state the following: (i) objectives/aims, (ii) background, (iii) methods (iv) results & (v) conclusions.
- The abstract should not contain bibliographic references, tables or appendices. Word count – 300 words approx. but no more than 400 (count not including title/authors/depts.).
- All sources of financial sponsorship of the study should be stated clearly at the end of the abstract.
- Please declare if ethical approval has been granted for this study. If so, state which Ethics Committee and date of approval.
- Submissions are accepted on the understanding that the work has been performed with the permission of any relevant ethical or legislative body.
- Please declare if you have previously submitted the same data set and state where it was presented.
- Please note that all submitted abstracts will be subject to a selection process based on the above requirements. If your abstract does not meet these requirements, your abstract may not be selected for presentation.
- If you are not a RAMI member when submitting your abstract please enter 1234 as your RAMI ID. All those selected to present must be a RAMI member.
The competition commences at 17:00 (5pm) although we would ask that you join the meeting in plenty of time beforehand. A bronze medal will be awarded to the winners of both competitions. Closing Date for Abstracts will be Sunday November 22nd 2020 by 18:00 (6pm).
Submit your Abstract now.
Register your attendance.
Please alert your colleagues.
On behalf of Dr. John P Lyne, Section President, and Dr. Eric Roche, Section Secretary, RAMI Psychiatry Section