Psychiatry Section HST & BST Competitions, Thursday 2nd December 2021
02/12/2021 in MS Teams
Call for Abstracts
Closing date is 12/11/2021
The Psychiatry Section of the Royal Academy of Medicine in Ireland (RAMI) and the Faculty of Academic Psychiatry of the College of Psychiatrists of Ireland present the HST & BST Competitions on Thursday 2nd December 2021, which will be held via online.
Please follow guidelines listed here:
- Submit in Word format only. No pdf’s. Use Times New Roman, size 12 font.
- As the BST and HST are two separate competitions please name your word document “BST_Last name” e.g. BST_ Smyth.doc or HST_Connolly.doc
- Abstracts must be in English.
- Please include on the abstract your current appointment & place of work (this information will be displayed on the programme).
- By submitting your abstract, you are confirming that all authors have approved the submission.
- Abstracts on research should clearly state the following: (i) objectives/aims, (ii) background, (iii) methods (iv) results & (v) conclusions.
- The abstract should not contain bibliographic references, tables or appendices. Word count – 300 words approx. but no more than 400 (count not including title/authors/depts.).
- All sources of financial sponsorship of the study should be stated clearly at the end of the abstract.
- Please declare if ethical approval has been granted for this study. If so, state which Ethics Committee and date of approval.
- Submissions are accepted on the understanding that the work has been performed with the permission of any relevant ethical or legislative body.
- Please declare if you have previously submitted the same data set and state where it was presented.
- Please note that all submitted abstracts will be subject to a selection process based on the above requirements. If your abstract does not meet these requirements, your abstract may not be selected for presentation.
- If you are not a RAMI member when submitting your abstract please enter 1234 as your RAMI ID. All those selected to present must be a RAMI member.
The competition commences at 17:00 (5pm) although we would ask that you join the meeting in plenty of time beforehand. A bronze medal will be awarded to the winners of both competitions. Closing Date for Abstracts will be Friday November 12th 2021 by 18:00 (6pm).
Submit your Abstract HERE
Please alert your colleagues.
On behalf of Dr. Eric Roche, Section President, and Dr. Eric Kelleher, Section Secretary, RAMI Psychiatry Section