Psychiatry Section HST & BST Competition, Thursday 24th May 2018
24/05/2018 in RCPI, 6, Kildare Street, Dublin 2
Cost €10 Public / €0 Members
Call for Abstracts
Closing date is 02/05/2018
The Psychiatry division of the Royal Academy of Medicine in Ireland (RAMI) invites all interested psychiatry trainees to submit research abstracts for consideration for being shortlisted for oral competition at 7pm starting time (open from 6.30pm ) on the evening of Thursday May 24th 2018 in RCPI, 6, Kildare Street Dublin.
There is a separate BST and HST competition, each comprising 3-4 presentations of shortlisted abstracts. Each talk is 12 minutes with 3 minutes for questions. All shortlisted abstracts are published online in the Irish Journal of Medical Science. Please select if for publication at submission stage.
Shortlisting and judging is done by the members of the psychiatry division or their representatives.
The RAMI medal is awarded on the night to the winner of each of the HST and the BST competitions.
Please register your attendance.
Closing date for receipt of abstracts has been extended to Wednesday 2nd May by 17:00hrs (5:00pm) The competition starts promptly at 7pm.
- Submit in Word format only. Use Times New Roman, size 12 font.
- As the BST and HST are two separate competitions please name your word document “BST_Last name” e.g. BST_ Smyth.doc or HST_Connolly.doc
- Abstracts must be in English.
- Please include on the abstract your current appointment & place of work (this information will be displayed on the programme).
- By submitting your abstract, you are confirming that all authors have approved the submission.
- Abstracts on research should clearly state the following: (i) objectives/aims, (ii) background, (iii) methods (iv) results & (v) conclusions
- The abstract should not contain bibliographic references, tables or appendices. Word count – 300 words approx. but no more than 400 (count not including title/authors/depts.).
- All sources of financial sponsorship of the study should be stated clearly at the end of the abstract.
- Please declare if ethical approval has been granted for this study. If so, state which Ethics Committee and date of approval.
- Submissions are accepted on the understanding that the work has been performed with the permission of any relevant ethical or legislative body.
- Please declare if you have previously submitted the same data set and state where it was presented.
- Please note that all submitted abstracts will be subject to a selection process based on the above requirements. If your abstract does not meet these requirements, your abstract may not be selected for presentation.
- If you are not a RAMI member when submitting your abstract please enter 1234 as your RAMI ID
Any queries should be addressed to Ms. Helen Moore at firstname.lastname@example.org
David Cotter and Jane McGrath on behalf of
Psychiatry Section of RAMI
(Mary Cannon, David Cotter, John Lyne, Colm McDonald, Jane McGrath Vincent Russell Greg Swanwick)