RAMI Research Awards 2022
25/09/2023 in RCSI, 123, St Stephen Green, Dublin 2
The Royal Academy of Medicine in Ireland in association with the Irish Journal of Medical Science invites you to submit your published papers to the RAMI Research Awards 2022.
The awards ceremony will be held on Monday 25th September 2023, in the Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland. Attendance is by invitation only. Please do not register to attend.
The awards are open to all those involved in Irish medical research, who have had an original research paper published in an indexed journal between January 1st, 2022 to December 31st, 2022.
Note we only require submission of the abstract of the paper as it appears on PubMed with the PubMed ID
Before you attach your abstract, please name it ‘Category_Last name’, e.g. ‘Dermatology_Collins’. When submitting, please avoid using punctuation marks.
Criteria for submissions
- Papers that are submitted for the Research Awards should have been published in a peer-reviewed medical journal within the defined period specified in the call for submissions. This defined period will normally be the previous calendar year.
- The papers submitted should relate to Irish-based research.
- A paper must not have been previously submitted to this competition.
- Submissions are restricted to one per author.
- When an author makes a submission to the Research Awards, s/he must name the category for which s/he wishes the paper to be considered.
- A paper can only be assigned to a single category
- The person submitting a paper should be the person who has done the work. Young researchers are encouraged to submit Irish-based research rather than the senior person involved in the paper.
- If the submitting author is not the first or senior author on the paper, evidence should be provided that there is consent from the co-authors to submit the paper.
- Submissions should be received on or before the stated closing date.
- Original research papers are only to be submitted. No letters, reviews, opinions, clinical cases, etc.
- You do not need to be a RAMI member to enter. You should enter 1234 for RAMI ID if you are not a member. Click ‘No’ for the option ‘For publication’ (standard format for abstract submission).
- Anaesthesiology/Pain Management
- Biomedical Sciences
- General Practice
- Medical Microbiology
- Public Health Medicine/Epidemiology
The closing date for submission of abstracts is the close of business on Friday, August 11th, 2023.