Section of OtoRhinoLaryngology, Head and Neck Surgery (ORL HNS), Registrar’s Prize Meeting, Friday 9th December 2022
09/12/2022 in RVEEH, Dublin
Cost €20 Public / €Free Members
Dear Ent colleagues,
I am delighted to inform you that this year’s Winter RAMI meeting will take place on Friday 9th December 2022 in the Education & Research Centre, Royal Victoria Eye & Ear Hospital (RVEEH), Dublin. Canapes and refreshments from the Gourmet food parlour will be served from 5:30 pm until 6:55 pm with the meeting getting started at 7 pm. The Winter RAMI will follow a similar format with oral presentations (6min max, 4min plus 2min for questions) such as case reports, how I do it, how not to do it, and new technique /surgical innovation being accepted. See the abstract format below. There will be a prize for the best oral presentation and this year I am introducing a best Christmas jumper /Outfit prize- time to dust off those Christmas jumpers, and add some tinsel, lights and baubles! Santa hats and similar headpieces are also welcome.
I would encourage all who can, to attend this meeting, as always your support is greatly appreciated. Please register as early as possible, we need to know the numbers for catering.
RAMI OtoRhinoLaryngology, Head and Neck Surgery (ORL HNS) Section secretary
- All abstracts must adhere to the following guidelines. Abstracts that do not follow the guidelines will not be accepted.
1. Abstracts should be 150 words or less, excluding title and authors.
2. Font style and size: Times New Roman, 12, single-spaced.
3. Use three or four headings: Background: Methods: Results: and Conclusion.
5. Authors should be presented as a surname, followed by initials (e.g. Murphy A, Carey T, Dunne P), and subsequent authors separated by a comma. The first author must be the submitting author. The author list will be published in the order that it is submitted in the abstract, so please ensure all authors are aware of this.
6. Each author needs an affiliation. Affiliations must include a department and organisation. Affiliations should be listed under the author list, linked by the numerical superscript.
7. There should be no references in the abstract.
8. There should be no diagrams or graphs. Everything must be text-based.
9. Abstracts should be submitted as an MS Word document. No pdf’s.
10. Please include at least 3 or 4 keywords.
11. If for publication, the abstract must not have been published elsewhere in abstract or another form. It must not be published online. All abstracts must be submitted online (not accepted by email). Abstracts must be submitted before 3 pm on 24th November 2022 to be considered for entry. Late applications will not be accepted.
- If selected to present you must join RAMI. Use ID 1234 if you are not a member yet. Join now here
- There is a €20 fee to attend for non-RAMI members but it’s free to RAMI members. This fee also covers tot CPD cert.